viernes, 16 de octubre de 2015

My intervention point: Classroom Managment.



After analyzing my interventions, I identify that doing dynamics activities make my students misbehave in order to participate actively. In many cases I listen my partners to say “the only moment when I listen the students from eight grade is when they are in English class”. In that moment I think about my classes and I ask myself what I am doing in an incorrect way.

Eight grade is a group which really enjoy to participate in the activities from the school. But after observing other classes they are all the time sitting on their chairs, in lines reading, writing or just listening to the teacher. It is totally different when they are in my class. I organize them in a semicircle and for all the classes I plan activities in order to reinforce what they are learning. Most of the activities are online games, guessing games, memory games, tongue twisters, hangman, etc.  An evidence of this situation in found in my journal entry number 2 when we are working on physical description. In this class I planned to play an online test where they have to listen and read a description and identify the correct person.

When they knew the answer, immediately they wanted to participate and stood up from their seat and went to the board to show me who was the person of the description. This situation happens in most of the classes when I plan activities like that. For that reason the others teachers mention that the only moment of the day that they listen eight graders is in English class. When I listened this comment I really worried about this. As a result, to solve this problem I implement some strategies like pass stop, or by numbers from the list at random.

Moreover, during this days I have watched a video about an American school where are making an experiment with those students who do not like to participate. Teachers use tongue depressor with the student’s names on them in order to give the opportunity to all the students to participate. But they have implemented the hang down rule. Students cannot raise their hands to answer the questions, they only have to wait to listen their names to participate. So, I think that this is a good strategy that I can implement in order to control the discipline and give the opportunity to all the students. They only think is that those who participate all the time sometimes feel frustrated because they cannot participate several times.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario