sábado, 3 de octubre de 2015

Journal # 3



For this session with eight graders we were working on describing people. It was just one hour. At the beginning of the class I showed a game with a list of adjectives and its corresponding picture. After seeing and reading the list of adjectives, they pay close attention on the pictures. One by one was disappearing and they had to mention which one was missing in order to review the vocabulary.

After that, I told them that police were looking for the other person who stole the bike the last class. And they were the detectives. So while I was describing who stole the bike, they were drawing it. During the process, students were laughing because it was not a person; it was a monster with three eyes and ears, an eyebrow and is blonde. Also it has three arms and one leg. 

During the process I could observe that some of them who have a low level could get the idea and drew the monster according to the description that they listened. This happened because while I was describing the monster I was making mimics in order to explain what I want to say. At the end each one show to their partners their monster and gave them their own name.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario