jueves, 8 de octubre de 2015

EXPLORING TEACHERS' BELIEFS

What beliefs or assumptions about language learning and language teaching have you held throughout your English language development and your teaching career? 

LANGUAGE LEARNING


My conception of language learning is the process which and individual study consciously how to write, speak, listen and read a language from different contexts, helping by different resources. An example of this assumption is reflected in my Journal #4. Students through the context of the history of cars, were learning how to use the past of verb to be.

"Students made and answer some questions related to the reading using yes no questions". 

"For the online game the group was divided in two groups. Each participant had to throw the dice and he or she moved forward some spaces. In that part students reinforce what they had learn and enjoy at the same time"

Another example is from m Journal # 1 where "students just deduced that can or can't is used to express their abilities" without a deeply grammar explanation.

LANGUAGE TEACHING 

Language Teaching is to provide others using different strategies to learn a new language. Language teaching is a path where teacher is the guide who shows its pupils how to use the language using an amount of activities. As I mention in my teaching metaphor, "This teaching metaphor is represented by a path with some questions and ideas to follow the teaching - learning process"

What sources have you derived those beliefs or assumptions from?

Since I was at eight semester at the university, I have been learning different kind of strategies and resources in order to teach a language. I can say that while I am teaching I am learning as well from my experiences and my students. Year by year I had changed and improve many aspects about my teaching profession. For example, the first change that I had to do was to be a more patient person, especially with little kids. Then, I have to learn that each student is different, each one has its own learning strategy and there are uncountable resources to overcome those obstacles.

How would you challenge some of those beliefes?

I would challenge my beliefs through the reflexion of my teaching and learning process. I think that my beliefs are going to challange and improve year by year through what I can learn during my development as English teacher. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario